Start or Continue Your Diving Adventure Today!
Being a certified scuba diver is an amazing privilege that allows you to visit and explore the undersea world. Our classes are taught by the high standards and guidelines of Scuba Schools International (SSI), providing you with an opportunity to acquire and develop the proper knowledge and skills to become a confident, experienced, and safe diver. SSI certification is recognized worldwide and all divers are guaranteed the consistent integrity of the program.
You can't become a safe and comfortable scuba diver just by reading some online material and being shown skills a couple of times. Learning to be a diver and becoming a better diver requires practice. You develop Comfort through Repetition of skills, under supervision. The more repetitions you have working on your skills, the better prepared you will be to use those skills when needed.
Providing the most complete and enjoyable courses available is our goal, and with more than 30 years experience our reputation stands firm in quality, customer service, and satisfaction. Come by for a visit and shop tour, and start your diving adventure today!
SSI Open Water Diver: Cost and What it Covers
- $350 covers your academic (online and classroom) and pool training. A $100 deposit (which goes towards the total cost) is required to reserve a place in the class. The total must be paid in full by the 2nd class session.
- The fee includes your SSI Open Water Diver Kit (online access and printed textbook, dive slate, dive tables, mouthpieces, certification card, classroom and pool instruction.
- At registration, you will receive a $100 gift certificate good towards the purchase of the basic equipment of your Total Dive System (mask, fins, snorkel, gloves, boots, weights, weight belt, and log book).
- Major equipment (regulator, buoyancy control device, cylinder, and air) is provided for all pool sessions. Special major equipment packages are available for purchase by students preferring to use personal equipment (rather than the training equipment supplied).
- You will attend an orientation session, 5 lectures (classroom and online), 5 pool sessions, and complete a written test. There are even some homework assignments to make sure you know what you need to know. For final certification you will complete 5 Open Water checkout dives in Florida’s freshwater spring, or Clark's Hill Lake, at a cost of $295. Students who wish to travel to other locations for the final Open Water check out dives to complete their scuba certification can be issued a Universal Referral.
Swimming laps on snorkel, without using hands.
Regulator Clearing. First day on scuba, making it look easy.
Comfort through Repetition.
- Students are required to have their own high-quality, personally-fitted basic equipment (mask, fins, snorkel, gloves, boots, weights, weight belt and log book). All equipment is available at our store. Prices vary depending on style and quality. For convenience as well as safety, you must attend the orientation before making any equipment purchases. The instructors and staff at Neptune Dive and Ski can help students find the perfect fit and selection.
- For the open water checkout dives, major equipment (regulator, buoyancy control device, cylinder, air) will be available for rental at student rates. We also offer personalized equipment counseling, package prices, and special layaway prices.
The Giant Stride
Checkout dives at Ginnie Springs
Imagine doing your checkout dives in what Jacques Cousteau said is the clearest water in the world! Neptune goes to Ginnie Springs when the water at the lake is too cold for comfort.
SSI Open Water Diver
Plan for at least 4 hours of class/pool sessions each time you come for an open water class. Contact a staff member if you'd like additional pool time for practice.
6 Week Course: Meets once a week, every Saturday morning at 8:30 a.m.
4 Week Course: Meets twice a week, every Monday and Thursday evening at 6:00 p.m.
Contact the shop for the latest schedules.
Private Classes are available at a cost of $450. Schedule determined with instructor.
Students must be at least 15 years old to qualify for full Open Water certification. Younger students at least 12 years of age may qualify for junior certification following preliminary counseling with an instructor. Junior certification is taught only at the discretion of the instructor.
Our classes are limited in size so that every student receives adequate attention. Being on time to class and making up any missed classes is mandatory to guarantee proper training. We are professionals and our program reflects our pride in the sport.
Diver Continuing Education
Your SSI Open Water Diver c-card is a ticket to lifelong learning and continuing education! Neptune offers a wide range of SSI classes to improve your knowledge and skills. Some of these are:
- SSI EAN Nitrox
- SSI Navigation
- SSI React Right (First Aid, CPR/AED, O2)
- SSI Diver Stress and Rescue
- SSI Boat Diving
- SSI Night & Limited Visibility
- SSI Deep Diving
Many other SSI Specialty Courses available on demand. Contact the shop for details!