Boynton Ledges, Florida
Always under construction!
- Secrets for Improving Air Consumption
- How do you know if there is a scuba diver in the room?
- How not to get lost at sea: Boat diving 101
3 January 2017 - Looking for some New Year's Resolutions?Adapted from the Internet
- Dive more often
- Dive in some different places
- Get family and friends involved in diving
- Help out a new diver
- Sign up for diver continuing education courses
- Check out my equipment, assess for needed updates
- Get my gear in to the dive shop for off-season servicing
- Get a drysuit and learn how to use it if I'm gonna dive the lake in the middle of winter
- Get in better cardio conditioning, and lose some body fat
- Edit all my underwater photos and videos (eventually)
- Stop calling new divers on the boat, “Chum”
- Always come back in the same boat I started with
- Stop shutting my buddy’s air off under water
- Stop making a video of him when I do that
18 December 2016 - Open Water Classes Start in Early 2017
Open Water Scuba classes will start again in late January or February. The OW checkout dives for these early classes will take place at Ginnie Springs.
30 October 2016 - 17th Annual Underwater Pumpkin Carving Contest
Neptune sponsored its 17th annual underwater pumpkin carving contest on October 30, 2016 at Clark's Hill Park. The afternoon was warm, and it was a great party. Be sure to join in the fun next year.
8 October 2016 - Hurricane Matthew Cancels WPB Dive Trip
The roads weren't passable, there were gas shortages, flooding was predicted, and the Super 8 doesn't have a backup generator in case of a power outage. Yeah, and even if the boats had been willing to go out, seas would have been rough and underwater visibility like swimming in cream soup. Other than that, we should have gone.
29 July 2016 - Open Water Classes Starting Soon!
The current OW classes are winding down, and students will do local checkout dives on 30-31 July and 6-7 August. So, get ready to welcome Augusta's newest certified divers! New classes will be starting in August. Check with the dive shop for details!
4 July 2016 - Back from West Palm Beach
On Friday 1 July, Neptune divers met at the shop and caravaned down to Florida for a weekend in the ocean, diving with Captain Van on the Narcosis. Some photos are here.
17 June 2016 - Get Wet with Neptune
Get ready for another awesome WPB trip over 4th of July weekend! Neptune is also going Labor Day weekend, and Columbus Day weekend.
15 June 2016 - Open Water Classes starting soon!
Ready to begin the rest of your life - as a scuba diver? Monday-Thursday and Saturday classes are regularly available.
11 June 2016 - Neptune's Back Home from Roatán!
We did 15 dives on the Roatán trip, and there are many stories to be told! Divers took 1000's of photos. If you leave your very best images at the shop, cropped to 3x4 inches (at 72 dpi), we will post them! Kayla at the dive shop has a thumb drive with photos from Ron W., Nicky, LT, and Bill. We've also seen photos from Luke and Sandy, and we know that some of the dive guides took photos. These and more are in various places on Facebook.
Neptune divers on Melissa's Reef, Roatán, swimming effortlessly.
30 May 2016 - Memorial Day Weekend 2016
As always, Neptune was at WPB for Memorial Day weekend, diving on the Narcosis with Captain Van and crew! Two excellent reef dives Saturday AM, a twilight and night dive Saturday PM, and 2 more on Sunday afternoon. Conditions were great. Some photos are here.
The wreck of the Zion Train.
22 November 2015
Danny Posey, Forever in our Hearts
28 March 2008
Partial pressure nitrox fills are now available at the dive shop. We can get your personal tanks cleaned for nitrox, and certification classes are available.